Skip to main content

Lifestyle: Gettin' Crunk At The Roller Rink!


 Roller skating isn't just for the children. Many roller rinks have nights specially designated for those 18 years and older. They play tunes from both the old school format and current hits.

I went roller skating a couple of weeks ago and it was a lot of fun. I rocked out to old  school Journey tunes and got my skate on with some Nelly music. The first thing that I noticed about roller skating as an adult was how nervous I was about falling down. As a kid, I was such a daredevil on skates. The 30-something version of myself is a little leery about taking corners too fast and  the whole skating backwards thing.

My fellow attendees were comprised of older Baby Boomers, college kids, wannabe roller derby queens, and Gen Xers whom were lucky enough to find a sitter on a Thursday night.

Luckily, I survived my night of roller skating and I plan on going again sometime in the near future.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Divatosity: Imperfectly Finished

A couple of months ago, I had a spray painting party of sorts...and the results were mixed. I started off with a dark paint that did not contain primer.  It was a disaster. I removed the dark paint and then decided to use a light green as a pop color...but,that was a failure as well. Finally, I chose a pewter color which thankfully covered up my past painting sins.

Divatosity: A Windy Evening

This year Halloween night was blustery and cold. But, we managed to make the best of a windy situation. The kids in our group had a blast trick or treating  and the adults spent a majority of the time laughing with one another. We had just as much fun as the kids. This to me is what Halloween is all about.