Skip to main content

Arts: The Charm Of Live Music


 Earlier in the week, a couple of friends and I attended a Third Eye Blind concert. We stood in line for what seemed like forever. The icy November winds whipped around us and caused momentary lapses in our conversation.
An hour later, the Texas based opening act Hydra Melody took the stage and I was impressed with their energy and the clever lyrics of their songs.

Most notably, their haunting song entitled: "California" struck a chord with me. It made me think of the relationships which I had to break off during the early 2000's because of  my decision to move to California.

The auditorium is on the chilly side and we spend a majority of the evening singing and dancing whilst wrapped up in our winter gear. Still, I had a blast singing along to the classic Third Eye Blind songs such as: "Jumper" , "Never Let You Go", "Semi-Charmed Life" amongst others.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Divatosity: Imperfectly Finished

A couple of months ago, I had a spray painting party of sorts...and the results were mixed. I started off with a dark paint that did not contain primer.  It was a disaster. I removed the dark paint and then decided to use a light green as a pop color...but,that was a failure as well. Finally, I chose a pewter color which thankfully covered up my past painting sins.

Divatosity: A Windy Evening

This year Halloween night was blustery and cold. But, we managed to make the best of a windy situation. The kids in our group had a blast trick or treating  and the adults spent a majority of the time laughing with one another. We had just as much fun as the kids. This to me is what Halloween is all about.